- ½ box favorite noodles
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 inch slices
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 yellow or red pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped (or 1 tbsp onion powder)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (or more if you like a little more kick)
- 4 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- ¼ cup sliced fresh basil or Litehouse Basil
- ½ shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large bunch super greens
- Cook pasta according to directions. Add asparagus for last two minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and asparagus and set aside.
- In a large fry pan saute yellow or red pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic for 5 minutes in EVOO. Add broth, whipping cream, salt and crushed pepper. Bring to a slight boil and cook until thick.
- Add chicken, basil, parmesan cheese, and pasta mixture to fry pan. Stir on low for 5-8 minutes until well combined and sauce is absorbed.
- Serve with your favorite super greens on the side.
- If you are short on time use a shredded rotisserie chicken. We prefer to make our own version of rotisserie like chicken.
- This dish is best if you allow time for all of the flavors to combine and for the sauce to become absorbed.
- If you are using onion powder add it when you add the whipping cream and broth. This will prevent the powder from browning.
- You can substitute rice for the noodles and make this recipe gluten free.
- I also use this recipe to clean out fresh vegetables from my fridge. Sometimes I add zucchini, spinach, peas, and green beans.