- 3 cups flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Rodelle Vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour-cinnamon) in a large bowl and make a well for wet ingredients.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla and zucchini; and stir until combined.
- Divide into two loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- I use 3 zucchinis to make this recipe. I remove the skin before I shred them with a grater.
- You need to watch out for vanilla. Many brands use corn syrup. You may need to visit your local co-op to find real vanilla, vanilla made from Madagascar beans. Yes, this type of vanilla is expensive, but it lasts a long time and will not give you a tummy ache. We prefer Rodelle vanilla extract.
- This recipe could be made gluten free by changing to a rice flour blend. We discovered a great gluten free flour mix that tastes divine in baked products. Mix 24 oz brown rice flour, 24 ox white rice flour, 24 oz sweet rice flour, 20 oz tapioca flour and 2.5 tablespoons Xanthum Gum in a large container. When baking equally substitute this mix cup for cup if a recipe calls for regular flour.
- About a month ago I started a science experiment; a sugar science experiment to be exact. I have been reducing the amount of sugar in all recipes by 50%. It is working. It doesn't change the recipe or the taste. For more information on this experiment check out My Sugar Experiment. I am planning on trying it with this recipe, too. I would reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup.